Manage the finance function of a subsidiary of WCS Group, to deliver timely, accurate and insightful financial reporting, provide financial support to decision making and ensure appropriate controls are in place and operating effectively and reporting to the Managing Director and Finance Director.
- Take full responsibility for managing the Finance Team and actively support the development of the department into a high performing, well-motivated team including the personal development process and setting objectives for team members.
- Full responsibility for the month end close process and production of monthly accounts, with the analysis and commentary necessary to provide a full understanding of financial performance to the group.
- Maintain and develop robust financial controls across the business, being the point of reference on such matters. Where control weaknesses are identified, ensure these are addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage the budget and forecasting processes as required by the business.
- Take responsibility for cash management including understanding the timing of cash receipts, managing the supplier payment cycle and managing the production of cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for payroll related accounting and analysis including the payroll journal and accruals for commission. Ensure payments to HMRC are made on time and amounts are reconciled to the HMRC portal. Calculation of amounts due in relation to P11d benefits.
- Provide appropriate analysis as required by the business including cost analysis, contract profitability and project analysis.
- Manage the annual external audit process across all group companies, taking a lead role in liaising with external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with all other finance related statutory and regulatory requirements including, preparation of the quarterly Corporation Tax calculation, submission of VAT and related returns and company secretarial submissions.
- Develop strong working relationships outside of the finance team and across the business in order to raise the profile of finance, improve communications and be able to comment on financial performance in the light of a sound knowledge of the business.
- Assist with ad hoc project work.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire individuals to work towards company, departmental and personal objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Conscientious, flexible and hands-on, seeing projects to completion whilst working to deadlines
- Logical and methodical with attention to detail
- Professionalism and integrity
What are the requirements? (experience and qualifications)
- Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years PQE
- Sage 200c experience would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Worked within a medium to large company
- Clean driving licence