We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to handle all the accounts payable duties.
reporting to the Management Accountant and as the business expands would need to be prepared to take on extra responsibilities.
The successful candidate will need to be a quick learner, very organised and work at speed but keeping a good attention to detail at all times. They will need to be a good communicator as they will need to liaise with all levels of staff within the company.What will I be doing as an Accounts Payable Clerk?
- Invoice coding and processing
- Preparing weekly, monthly, payment runs in line with agreed supplier terms
- Dealing with invoice queries – both internally and externally
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparation of month end reports
- Ensure all invoices are archived correctly
- New supplier account set up
- Monitoring of the OCR mailbox
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
What are the requirements? (experience and qualifications)
- Purchase ledger experience
- A good working knowledge of VAT
- Good telephone manner
- Sage 200C – (preferred)
- Excel – intermediate level minimum
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Work to deadlines as per the accounting timeline
- The ability to prioritise own workload & multi task.