Legionella control training
Highly effective training and best practice compliance
Legionella control training and compliance with ACoP L8 is offered by WCS Group through a range of fully accredited courses, IOSH courses, seminars and practical-skills-based workshops.
These have been specifically developed to meet the needs of candidates at all levels of technical and non-technical experience – ‘Duty Holder’, ‘Responsible Person’, site managers, water cooling tower operators, operations staff, HSE and senior management.
Courses are half-day, one-day or four-day modules, available at sites across the UK or on your own site tailored to your equipment / plant needs for groups of five or more.
- Technical and non-technical course options
- Statutory compliance attendee courses
- Background to the disease and organisms
- Legislation – Health and Safety
- Medical aspects and management of water programmes (need to know)
- Sampling and analysis
- Monitoring, management and maintenance of tanks and closed systems
- Schematic planning and understanding where risks may exist and action to take
Management responsibility and maintaining competence
“Those specifically appointed to implement the Legionella control measures and strategies should be suitably informed, instructed and trained and their suitability assessed. They must be properly trained to a level that ensures tasks are carried out in a safe, technically competent manner, and receive regular refresher training.”
Par 51, Health & Safety Executive Approved Code of Practice L8
Download Legionella training overview, dates, pricing
- Understand course options
- Appropriateness of content
- Who needs training
- Previous attendee comments